esmaspäev, 17. august 2015

Happy Alone (Kings of Leon tribute)

I was out on the street at one thirty, under your window. I was wearing your high heels that I stole after fucking your daughter on your bed. I was also wearing lipstick that I stole another time while we had a lot of fun. I truly do enjoy the women of your family.

No, I’m not a tranny – I don’t label myself these ways. I just like wearing them glittering pumps and this cherry-red lipstick of yours and, you must admit, it goes well with my curly black hair. Now, come on outside, because I’m waiting to take you out and paint the town (cherry)red.

***

“What are you doing here, Devon?“ She says with a soft sleepy expression on her face, leaning on the sill of the second floor window. I know, she has been wild in her past. It’s still there in her predator-like gaze, even when sleepy.

“I’m here to take you out,” I say with a devilish smile. “That’s what I sang to Caroline, before she flipped me off and left town. “I’m gonna take you’ mama out all night, Yeah I’ll show her what it's all about, I'll get her jacked up on some cheap champagne, I'll let the good times all roll out…” 

She looks at me, confused, but smiling. “Flipped you off,” she laughs. “Probably for the best. You’re up to no good, a slackoff, aren’t you?”

She vanishes and comes back with a cigarette. I light one as well.

“So, what’s it going to be?” I ask. “Could I replace one Hammat-girl with another?”

She laughs her quirky laughter. “Don’t be going that deep just yet. So, you wanna take me out?” 

“Oh, baby, I’m a full grown man,” I sing. 

“And… You think it’s a good idea?”

“I couldn’t think of anything better, really. It’s not like you two get along anyway,” I smiled. 

“Hang on a minute,” she replies and goes away from the window. I check my lipstick, puff another couple of cigarettes and there she is – lips as red as mine, heels twice the length, glittering miniskirt and black tights. I’m wearing a leather jacket and tight black jeans. We match quite well, I’d say. 

“You’re gonna give me my shoes back after tonight,” she says with a tone that is both playful and at the same time resolute. A mother and a lover.

***

From there on it’s kind of a haze. We go to a bar, do a substantial amount of shots and she dances for me. I see the way people look at me and then her, but neither of us really cares – she has got plenty of money from the divorce settlement to not care at all. Fuck, she’s not even 35. I will be out of here at the end of this summer, so fuck it. Fuck this small town with everyone knowing everyone. Some Caroline’s friend comes up to me, all angry and saying “I can’t believe, what you’re doing, Devon, have you, like, totally lost your mind?!” and I really don’t care. I’d slap her, but then I’d probably get beaten up by some or other guy, who’s already looking at me like… Well, it saves me that I am with Deborah. They know her. So, they just shrug, same as me. “Save the talk, darling. Have you met Deb, by the way?” And we laugh. We drink some more. At one point she asks me to follow her to the toilet. We fuck in a men’s bathroom stall and for a while I can hear that there is someone else there, probably touching himself, but could I care less? Not really. I’m so over it. I come, we kiss and then we check our lipstick, go back and drink some more. T'will be a dark and stormy night indeed.



Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar